What class B RV gets the best gas mileage? It’s a question I get a lot, and there’s no easy answer. But, I’ve done the research and compiled a list of the top five class B RVs with the best miles per gallon ratings.
The quick answer:
The Class-B RV with the best gas mileage is the Winnebago Travato. This camper can achieve an EPA-estimated 18 to 22 MPG on the open road.
This article looks at the five Class B RVs with the best fuel economy to see how they stack up against each other. I’ll also cover what you should consider to find the right RV for you.
Top 4 Class B RVs With Best MPG Rating
You don’t have many options when it comes to Class B RVs. In fact, there are only a handful of manufacturers that even produce them. And of those manufacturers, only a handful stand out when it comes to fuel efficiency.
Here are the four most fuel-efficient Class B RVs, according to EPA estimates:
1. Winnebago Travato: 22 MPG
The Winnebago Travato is one of the most popular class B RVs on the market, and for a good reason. It’s fuel-efficient, comfortable, and has all the amenities you need for a pleasant RVing experience. The Travato gets an impressive 21 miles per gallon (9 km/L), making it one of the most fuel-efficient class B RVs to choose from.
Under the hood, the Travato is powered by a 3.6L (0.95 US gallon) V6 engine that produces 276 horsepower (206 kW) and 266 lb-ft (360 N-m) of torque. It’s mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and comes standard with front-wheel drive. An optional all-wheel-drive system is also available for those who want more power.
Furthermore, the Travato is one of the most comfortable Class B RVs you can find, featuring a spacious interior with plenty of headroom and legroom for all passengers. It also comes standard with a queen-size bed, suitable for couples or small families.
2. Roadtrek Zion: 21 MPG
If you want a Class B RV that gets excellent gas mileage but don’t want to sacrifice too much in terms of features and amenities, the Roadtrek Zion is a great option. This RV receives an impressive 21 miles per gallon (9 km/L), making it yet another great fuel-efficient Class B RVs to consider.
The Zion is also a viable option if you’re looking for an RV that’s easy to drive and maneuver. It is much easier to drive than larger RVs due to its small size.
I have seen people get as high as 25 MPG (10.6 km/L) with the Zion. However, your mileage may vary depending on how you drive and what terrain you’re driving on.
3. Roadtrek SS Agile: 18 MPG
The Roadtrek SS Agile averages 18-22 MPG (7.7-9.4 km/L), earning a spot on this fuel-efficient Class B RV. This model is designed for those who enjoy spending time outdoors and being active, as it features plenty of storage space for gear.
The power train on this vehicle consists of a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van chassis and a 3.0L (0.8 US gallon) V6 Turbo Diesel engine. This is enough power to get you where you need to be without guzzling too much gas.
The features of this camping vehicle include a permanent bathroom with a shower, a kitchenette, and a convertible dinette/sleeper. This RV also has plenty of exterior storage for all of your gear.
4. Airstream Interstate: 18 MPG
The Airstream Interstate has an impressive fuel economy for a Class B RV. This fuel-efficient RV gets an estimated 18-22 miles per gallon (7.7-9.4 km/L), competing with the best of them on this list.
The Airstream Interstate is an excellent option for those who want a luxurious experience. When you’re not on the open road, the Airstream Interstate is a comfortable and stylish home away from home with spacious interior and all the bells and whistles you could want in an RV. It has plenty of room for relaxation, entertaining, and sleeping.
It’s perfect for couples or small families who enjoy spending time outdoors and exploring new places. However, with a starting price tag of over $200,000, it’s one of the most expensive Class B RVs around.
How to Choose a Fuel Efficient Class-B RV
Before you make your decision on what RV to buy, here are a few things to consider:
- Budget – Class B RVs can range from around $80,000 (for a used van) to over $150,000. It’s important to have a realistic budget when shopping for your RV. The last thing you want to do is overspend and end up with buyer’s remorse.
- Spec Requirements – What are you looking for in an RV? Do you need a lot of storage space? Do you want an RV that’s easy to drive and maneuver? Answering these questions will help you narrow down your options and choose the right RV for you.
- Lifestyle – How do you plan on using your RV? Are you an active person who enjoys spending time outdoors? Or do you prefer a more relaxed lifestyle? Your answer will help you determine which features are most important to you.
- Destination – Where do you plan on taking your RV? If you’re mostly planning to be driving on highways, you’ll want an RV designed for long-distance travel. If you’re planning on spending time in the wilderness, you’ll want an RV equipped for off-roading.
- Towing capacity – If you plan on bringing a trailer or another vehicle, you’ll need an RV with enough power to tow it. Be sure to check the manufacturer’s towing capacity before making your purchase.
- Preferred fuel efficiency – Class B RVs can range from around 19 MPG (8 km/L) to over 25 MPG (10.6 km/L). If you’re looking for an RV that’s easy on your wallet, choose one with the best MPG rating. Keep in mind, you shouldn’t sacrifice important functionality for gas mileage. For example, if you need a lot of storage space, you may have to sacrifice a few miles per gallon.
With these things in mind, you should have no problem finding the right fuel-efficient Class B RV for your needs. The most important thing is to find an RV that you’ll enjoy spending time in. After all, that’s what RVing is all about!
There you have it! These are the top five fuel-efficient Class B RVs on the market. No matter your budget or needs, there’s an RV on this list that’s perfect for you.
Up Next In RV:
(featured image: airstream.com)